Free Getting Started Course Available From Sporty’s
Learning to fly is a process, but oftentimes the most confusing part is taking that first step. How do you find a flight school? What should you ask a prospective flight instructor? What’s the difference between a Sport Pilot and Private Pilot certificate? Sporty’s has recently released a new course to help answer these questions, and it’s completely free.
The course, called Get Started with Learning to Fly, features videos, articles, and other resources for the brand-new pilot. This includes:
- Four video segments covering the basics of learning to fly, finding a flight school, and what a first lesson looks like
- A twelve-part article series that addresses common questions, like Part 61 vs. 141 schools, FAA medical requirements, and cost
- A flight school directory, searchable by zip code, with contact information for nearby schools
- A high-resolution Cessna 172 cockpit poster, great for getting acquainted with a common training airplane
- Helpful links to other resources and essential pilot supplies.
The course works on a variety of devices, including web browsers, iOS devices, and Android devices. The course is 100% free, but registration is required. You can sign up here.