Recognizing it is already December in Magazine land while our electronic media friends are now considering holiday gift sections, here are some suggestions for items that we know your readers would enjoy both reading about and receiving.
- Sporty’s Annual Christmas Ornament: This year’s ornament features the Bonanza as we celebrate this airplane’s 80th birthday. More than 17,000 Bonanzas have been produced, many still flying. [9833A/$24.95]
- I’m a Pilot T-Shirt: Man, woman or child, you can’t go wrong giving a T-shirt. This one reads “I’m a Pilot. Frightening isn’t it?” and it’s Sporty’s most popular T-shirt. Light-hearted and fun for the holidays for either a brand new pilot or an old, experienced one. [7628A; $16.50]
- Learn to Fly Course: Sporty’s award-winning video course is the perfect gift for any aspiring pilot. For the already-licensed pilot, this makes a great gift of encouragement for a friend or family member. [7310A; $199.99]
- Sporty’s Annual Christmas Ornament: We’ll be issuing a separate news release, but this year’s ornament features the Bonanza as we celebrate this airplane’s 80th birthday. More than 17,000 Bonanzas have been produced, many still flying. [9833A/$24.95]
- Stratus: Detailed descriptions of both the Stratus 1S and Stratus 2S are available at Sportys.com. Pilots have heartily embraced this best-selling ADS-B receiver.[1S: 2184A; $549] [2S: 1788A $899]
- Any item in the Pilot Wings Collection: This collection includes high-quality leather items such as a jacket [6197A; $295], flight bag [5974A; $199.99] and shave case [6192A; $39.99].
- Flight Gear bags: We have a new iPad bag and a new Flight Gear backpack. The Navigator [5015A; $99.95] was Aviation Consumer’s Gear of the Year. A smaller version, the Crosswind [8000A] is $49.95.
- Smith & Wesson Flashlight: Here’s a practical gift that is far superior to cheap plastic models. This is our best-seller and one which any pilot would be glad to have in his or her flight bag. [6010A; $39.95]
- Yuneec drone: If you are going to offer one dream item, this might be it. We searched and tested and decided that the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 is the best drone for pilots. It arrives ready to fly with a high-resolution camera and First Person View (FPV). No RC experience is necessary to fly this drone. [10421A; $1,149.99]
- Sporty’s SP-400 Handheld NAV/COM Aviation Radio: With an upgraded screen, offering better contrast, adjustable backlight and improved sunlight readability. This award-winning radio is like having a complete standby radio stack in your flightbag. [7758A; $315]
- One Six Right on Blu-ray: 10 year anniversary edition. Remastered and now on Blu-ray. Includes new features and bonus material. This classic video celebrating Van Nuys Airport remains a best-seller, having been discovered and re-discovered by new generations of pilots. [D765A; $29.95]
- Garmin D2 Bravo Watch: This may be the ultimate pilot’s watch with smartphone integration. GPS-enabled, with direct-to navigation, nearest airport and much more, the D2 Bravo is the must-have pilot accessory. [9422A; $699]
- iPad Kneeboard: With thousands of pilots flying with iPads, Sporty’s offers 16 different models ranging in price from $15 to $129.
- Headsets: Nothing unusual here, but up-market headsets continue to be a hot category at Sporty’s, with the Lightspeed PFX [7087A; $1,050] and the Bose A20 with Bluetooth [3490A; $1,095.95] leading the way.
High-resolution photos of all these items are available with speedy service!
Just email your request to [email protected]
Medium resolution pictures for online: